In addition to the previous Jazz In Town mention of events this week, June has Buffalo humming to the sounds of jazz. One thing we can say is jazz is alive and happening in Buffalo!
Frist, I am very sad to hear of the closing of Citta Di Militello, Bobby and Lisa Militello’s restaurant. Tonight, Thursday the 19th, will be the last performance of the Bobby Militello Quartet – at this location. Surely not to be the last performance of the quartet however! Bobby Militello will be joined by Bobby Jones on piano, Jim Coleman on bass, and John Bacon, Jr. on drums.
More Jazz In Town
- The BAM Trio with Ben Levitt on bass, Abdul Quadir on drums, and Matt Michaud on guitar at the Epic Lounge at 7pm Thursday
- Mark Filsinger and the Hot Trad Five with Mark Filsinger, trumpet, Wayne Moose, bass, Candice Thomas, drums, Jared Tinkham, guitar, Phil Sims, trombone at Merge at 7pm Thursday
- Christina Custode at Topper Social Club at 6pm Thursday
- My Cousin Tone’ at Wegman’s (Sheridan and Evans) at 6pm Friday
- The Jazz Example at the Anchor Bar at 8pm Friday
- Jazzline at the Roycroft Inn at 8pm Friday
- The Theresa Quinn Jazz Quartet with Theresa Quinn, vocals, piano, John Werick, bass, Tom Kasperek, drums, Phil Sims, trombone, piano, vocals at Embers at 7:30pm Saturday
- Sol Y Sombra at the Anchor Bar at 8pm Saturday
- Trio Payazzo with Andy Peruzzini, trumpet, Bernard Kunz, guitar, and guest Charles McLaughlin on sax at Phoenix Tavern at 3pm Sunday
- The Odyssey Jazz Ensemble open rehearsal at the Central Park Grill at 3pm Sunday
See previous Jazz In Town article with mention of appearances by Barbara Levy Daniels, My Cousin Tone', and George Caldwell ths week.
Keep Jazz Alive In WNY!