JazzBuffalo Website Optimizes Audience Experience
JazzBuffalo, the non-profit organizations dedicated to building jazz awareness, jazz appreciation, and enriching the culture of Greater Buffalo, announced the launch of a newly designed website and digital platform.
The new digital platform is designed with the user and the audience in mind. The community-driven interactive platform was built following today’s leading best practices for enhancing audience engagement. Visitors to JazzBuffalo.org are treated to an optimized, media-rich, community-oriented, and user-friendly digital platform when exploring jazz concert events, jazz education, jazz festivals, and the role of jazz in enriching the culture of Greater Buffalo.
The new JazzBuffalo digital platform introduces several first-time experiences to jazz fans. Notable enhancements include responsive design for mobile and tablet usage, event descriptions, event calendaring and importing, and multiple views of events with geolocation capabilities.
New Audience Engagement Experiences
The new digital and website platform introduces jazz fans and appreciators to interactive engagement experiences to include:
- Listing of jazz concert events enhanced with descriptions, calendar importing, geolocation mapping, social media sharing, venue information, and ticket linking
- Multiple events listing views to include listings by dates, monthly calendar, weekly and daily views, venue sorting, and photo sorting
- Information on jazz series and festivals throughout the year
- Enhanced abilities for musicians and venues to submit events to list
- Easy donations acceptance to enhance fundraising for the organization
Initiatives Encourage Community Engagement
The new digital platform launch is accompanied by new initiatives designed to enrich the cultural and arts landscape of Greater Buffalo. They include:
- JazzBuffalo is partnering with Pausa Art House, MusicalFare Theatre, Hotel Henry, Albright-Knox Art of Jazz Series, Northwest Jazz Festival, and other venues and organizations to create the next generation of jazz programming. Introducing local, national, and international jazz artists to the Greater Buffalo area.
- JazzBuffalo is banding together with local public TV and Radio station WNED/WBFO to promote WBFO/JazzWorks Radio streaming, create content for WNED/WBFO and JazzWorks, and jointly produce public jazz concert events
- The creation of the JBFO Orchestra to be closely associated with WNED/WBFO. The orchestra will perform as the public orchestra for the Greater Buffalo community and public TV/Radio. The modern orchestra will consist of jazz musicians from the ages of 21 to 45 and serve as the next generation orchestra for the community.
- Introducing the jazz education initiative Jazz For The Next Generation in partnership with the Buffalo Arts And Technology Center and other youth organizations intent on promoting the development of young people’s cultural awareness, as well as opportunities, in the underserved areas of Greater Buffalo.
- Enhancing the Jazz In Town newsletter and content platform to include informative content on a variety of topics in jazz, jazz education, and future jazz initiatives.
Visitors to the digital platform will be encouraged to sign-up for weekly news regarding events and other jazz initiatives throughout the Greater Buffalo region.
JazzBuffalo has assembled a board of directors consisting of community leaders to guide and govern the organization. In addition, an advisory council of diverse community leaders has been formed to represent the voice of the community in shaping the future direction of JazzBuffalo and its contribution to the culture and arts of Greater Buffalo.
The digital platform was created and built for JazzBuffalo by Marketing Tech Online. The marketing agency has consistently been recognized by Buffalo Business First on its list of Buffalo Fast Track Companies the past five years.
“JazzBuffalo is committed to growing as a community-wide resource and public cultural asset. It is certainly a new day in jazz in Buffalo. The new digital platform will help to advance the cause of enriching the culture of Greater Buffalo through entertaining programming and performances, education to the underserved, advocacy of jazz and the arts, and community building initiatives. Important to these efforts is having great partners. The wonderful partners we have, and the community leaders involved, all embrace the spirit of collaboration. They are just as intent as JazzBuffalo is to make the Greater Buffalo region one of the best cultural and arts communities in the country.” says Executive Director of JazzBuffalo, Tony Zambito
The digital platform and website can be accessed at www.jazzbuffalo.org.
JazzBuffalo will be hosting an open house celebration entitled “A New Day In Jazz” on Thursday, May 17th from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm at Pausa Art House on 19 Wadsworth Street in Buffalo, NY. The open house is available to the community to attend and celebrate the launch of the new digital platform, learn more about the resources available, be entertained by jazz, and come together as a community.