- This event has passed.
JazzTuesdays at the Mansion on Delaware Avenue
Tuesday, July 20, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Tuesday, September 7, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE CONTINUOUS RAINY SUMMER WE HAVE HAD, WE ARE LEFT WITH LITTLE OPTION BUT TO CANCEL THE SERIES THIS SEASON. WE WILL RE-EVALUATE FOR THE FUTURE. WE WISH TO THANK EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT TO SUPPORT THE BEAUTIFUL SETTING AT THE MANSION ON DELAWARE AVENUE. AND WE THANK THE MANSION FOR THEIR FABULOUS SUPPORT FOR JAZZBUFFALO, JAZZ, AND THE JAZZBUFFALO COMMUNITY!
Join JazzBuffalo and the Mansion on Delaware every Tuesday this summer for music on the patio. This is an opportunity for both jazz musicians and jazz fans to enjoy duos or trios on a weekly basis at one of Buffalo’s historic locations and establishments.
We begin Tuesday, June 8, and will go into September as long as we can. Since this is outdoors, it will be weather permitting. The effort is a way for us to provide jazz musicians and jazz fans to listen to jazz in a beautiful setting. We’ll lean towards a purer form of jazz in this setting as well.
To help contribute to this exciting part of Delaware Avenue to enjoy jazz, JazzBuffalo will be asking for donations to the Keep Jazz Alive Fund as we did last year. The weekly jazz will be supported by JazzBuffalo in a Pass The Hat manner and dependent on donations. You can contribute by donating online or contribute cash in the bucket. Online contributions can be made as follows:
Look for more information regarding the schedule of performers each Tuesday soon.
We start JazzTuesdays at the Mansion on Delaware Avenue this coming Tuesday, June 8 beginning at 5:30 pm, and will continue each Tuesday throughout the summer months. We will, over the weekend, keep putting information out via the JazzBuffalo.org website and newsletter on how this works for your enjoyment. Here are some details:
– Patio and garden seating are available on a first-come-first-seated basis. We hope you join us for a bit, enjoy a few songs or a set, and then allow another Buffalo neighbor the same opportunity to sit and enjoy this superb live music in the garden setting of an architecturally spectacular 19thcentury mansion!
– Each week, an a la carte menu of sharable appetizer plates, refined bar snacks, craft cocktails, wine and beer will be available from The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
– There is no cover fee. However, we are relying on free-will donations to help support the JazzBuffalo Keep Jazz Alive Fund that will help support payment to musicians and other costs. A bucket will be available for cash donations and you can also donate via Venmo at @jazzbuffalo716 or PayPal at @jazzbuffalo
– Our first Trio will consist of three great jazz musicians: Dave Schiavone on sax, George Kane, on guitar, and Bud Fadale on bass.
– The weather is supposed to be warm and beautiful. There are plenty of trees and shade. This is a ‘shine only’ event, so consult the Facebook event for possible inclement weather cancellations.
– Per NY State regulations, guests who are not fully vaccinated should wear face masks in indoor public settings and outdoors when physical distancing is not possible unless they are stationary at a table while eating/drinking.
– The Mansion offers complimentary parking in their private lot across the street from 414 Delaware Avenue. Street parking is also available on Delaware Avenue and cross streets; City of Buffalo may require metered charge for on-street parking.
We are looking forward to bringing to you live jazz music in a uniquely iconic cultural location. A way to bring our community together through this music we call jazz!